Saturday, October 27

Crafternoon

I have been looking forward to this afternoon all week. Crafternoon at the library! I left the kidlets with Davis and I was off to meet some fellow crafters. It turned out Davis needed the car so he could take the kids swimming while I was gone... that meant I had to take the Viper. The Viper is an attachment to my wheelchair that is battery powered and has a motor. I dont know why, but sometimes I get self conscious using it. I feel like I am a spectacle as it and I knew I would be meeting new people there. Davis often calls me cruella deville when I use it because my hair blows all crazy in the wind. But he also thinks it's good for people to see me using it. Anyways, I sucked it up and headed off. Turns out he was right. The first person I met at the library was a mother of a little boy in a wheelchair. He saw me coming down the street and said to he mom "wow! what is that? You have to talk to her" So she offered to help me open the door and then asked me all about the attachment and told me about her son and how excited he was to see me. You never know who you will meet and why you are meant to meet them. She was going to "Crafternoon". I think we will be good friends!

I had a great time meeting others who love to craft. We talked the whole time about our secret love for buttons and our addictions to thift shopping. I was meant to meet these ladies and become friends with them! We have so much in common. The craft for the day was decorating match boxes. They turned out cute and vintage.

To end the night Davis and I took the boys bowling. They loved it. I got the highest score and won the jackpot and got a free chocolate bar. Aero, my favourite!

Oh and we also made corn bread this afternoon to go with Davis' chilli.










No comments:

Post a Comment