Saturday, October 5

Happy Fall Y'all!!

The colors of the leaves are changing and it looks absolutly beautiful! The chill in the air is starting to get stronger. It's a sign that summer is truly over... a sad thought.

I figured it since it is October that I could pull out the fall decor. I had some things on hand from years past and added some new.

(click pictures to see a larger view)

                                             BEFORE                                              AFTER


 
I saw some really cute fabric pumpkins at Winners for $20. I loved them but wasnt about to spend that much money. So I got into DIY mode and whipped these little gems up. Aren't they cute? I also made the Pumpkins sign out of some scrap wood in the garage.

here is a link to the tutorial I used

I love these little gourds! One day I will grow a bunch in my yard for the fall!
 


So with the weather changing so fast we decided to take advantage of the fall days we have left before the winter comes. Last sunday we took the fam jam to explore Little Red River Park just outside where we live. it was beautiful!

 


 
The boys really impressed me with their hiking skills!
 
 
And Karsten showed off his "no fear" biking!

 
Love these little outdoors men!
 
 
I predict many more nights like this... reading by the fire.


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your craftiness. It inspires me to do more... But then it never seems to happen. Your boys are sweet. I love the additional readers in front of the fire. Did the little boys place them in front of daddy or did daddy? Either way, happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I love crafting! and the additional readers were placed by Karsten. He didnt want his friends to be left out!

      Delete